We are pleased to announce that Travel Startups Incubator (TSI) will be running a travel technology demo day on November 30th as part of VISIT FLORIDA’s 2-day Digital Innovation Forum. VISIT FLORIDA, the state of Florida’s official marketing corporation, serves 11,000+ travel and tourism industry businesses. 12 startups will present new technologies and innovations that can help grow VISIT FLORIDA’s business and improve travelers’ experiences while visiting Florida.
Calling all travel, tourism and hospitality technology startups.
Do you have breakthrough new technology that will impact the travel and tourism industry?
If yes, please submit the simple form at the bottom of this page to be considered to present at this demo day.
VISIT FLORIDA Digital Innovation Forum, November 30th – Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate in Orlando, Florida.
- 12 startups will have an opportunity to pitch their technology and solution to 150 travel executives from hotels, DMOs/CVBs, theme parks, activity providers, restaurants and more. Attendees are heads of marketing, GM’s, and industry tourism leaders. Get in front of buyers and industry insiders.
- 5 minute pitch + 3 minute Q&A
- Evening reception with the travel executives following the demo’s/presentations
Fri, Sept 30th: Presenter agreements and payments due.
Fri, Oct 14th: TSI to announce 12 companies selected to pitch.
Fri, Oct 28th: Pitch deck due along with high-res logo, company summary, detailed bio and contact info.
Nov 2-15: Video presentation and/or live presentation due.
Wed, Nov 30th: Presentation/demo day.
11am: Setup, dry run
2pm: Pitches and presentations
6pm: VisitFlorida Reception
– Free to submit to pitch.
– If your startup is selected to present a $500 fee will be charged by TSI.
At TSI, we are excited to be partnering with VISIT FLORIDA for this event as Florida is the #1 travel destination in the world and TSI’s home base is here in Central Florida. This is an opportunity for travel tech startups to get their technology in front of buyers and leaders within the travel industry. As the Sunshine State’s No. 1 industry, tourism was responsible for welcoming 106.6 million visitors in 2015 who spent $89.1 billion, employing 1.2 million Floridians.
- This is a business development opportunity for Presenter to promote and pitch a new technology or product to the attendees of the conference, NOT an investor presentation.
- 1 Presenter to attend per company.
- Presentations should be a combination of:
- Professional education on your new technology entering the travel industry
- The benefits of your product for attendees
- Why they should consider partnering with you to test/pilot the technology and or license/buy your product/technology
- Each attendee will receive a program at the event that includes your company bio, summary of your technology, logo and contact details so they can follow up with you after the conference.
- There will not be an area set up to “exhibit”, but there will be a 1.5 hour reception following the presentations whereas you can network and build prospective business development relationships with the attendees.
- 5 minute presentation on stage followed by a maximum of 2 questions from the audience.
- Presentation Format TBD
- Presentation must be kept relevant to attendees who are managers and heads of Florida DMO’s/Visitor
Bureaus, Hotels, Attractions, Theme Parks, Activity Providers.
- ALL pitches must include:
- Benefits of the technology or product for the targeted attendee.
- How the technology or product will impact the attendees business now or in the near future.